- Q: How do I send my artwork/logo to Promopeddler?
- A: You will receive an email that has the subject line "Artwork for order #(your order number)." You just need to reply to that email and attach your artwork. You can also email your artwork to email@example.com, but be sure to include your order number in the subject line. In any case, your account representative will be with you every step of the way, reviewing your order and contacting you prior to production to make sure everything goes smoothly. If you have any questions, or clarifications about the process, just give us a call at 800-455-1350.
- Q: What format should I send my artwork in?
A: We accept artworks in many formats but we prefer vector artwork because it is easily adjusted without sacrificing quality. Submitting your artwork in this format makes it easier to put your logo on stuff. Some popular file extensions for vector art include: .ai, .eps, .pdf, .svg. We also accept the following file extensions from Photoshop (layered if possible): .psd, .eps, .tiff.
Alternatively we also accept the following raster files as long as they are clear or readable: .jpeg, .bmp, .png, MS word, PowerPoint, and Excel. As much as possible, please submit artwork with a resolution of 300 dpi at 100% of final size or larger. We will also do our best to use scanned, faxed, and even hand drawn images. However the formats mentioned in the previous sentence are of low quality and may take additional time to recreate to properly represent your artwork but rest assured that we will do everything we can to put your artwork together.
Unfortunately we are only human and currently do not accept artwork made in the following formats: Coreldraw, Quark, Pagemaker, Publisher, InDesign, and Freehand, neither can we use Screenshot or Printscreen images. We also request that you make sure that any image or artwork that you send, is one that you own or one that is royalty-free.
All fonts must be converted to outlines, curves, or paths. If you are supplying us with image files, fonts need to be rasterized.
- Q: Is there a limit to the file size I send?
- A: This is really down to your e-mail provider. Most e-mails will allow you to send a file up to 25MB (Megabytes) in size. Should your file be larger than that, contact your account representative and we will work out a solution for you.
- Q: What if I want a specific color to be used for my artwork?
- A: If you need to use specific colors for your logo, we do have Pantone Matching System® colors for some of our items. Just inquire with your rep to see if it is available for your item. Typically we charge $40.00 per color that requires PMS matching. Please bear in mind that all computer monitors are different and the color viewed on your screen is possibly different when seen in person on your item.
- Q: What if I don't have a logo? Can Promopeddler.com create a logo for me?
- A: Absolutely. Feel free to shoot your account representative an e-mail and we will see what we can do for you.
- Q: What if my artwork needs to be modified?
- A: We are at your service. Send instructions together with the image and we will do our best to make it happen.
- Q: What stock colors are available to use for my imprint?
- A: Promopeddler.com has a variety of stock colors available for use but here are a few of our most popular ones.
- Q: What is a Set-up Charge?
- A: Set-up charges pay for the cost of setting up the specialized equipment used to put your logo on stuff. Each different product in your order will be subject to a set-up charge, that is, if you are ordering two items like a mug, and a pen, you will be charged a set-up fee for each item.
- Q: Is the First Color Charge FREE?
A: Yes and it always will be.* Call 800-455-1350 to get more information.
*Not applicable to apparels.
- Q: How much is the set-up charge for my item? Will I be charged for set-up for future orders?
- A: Set-up charges vary according to imprint method. Please see the table below.
- Q: Will I be charged for set-up for future orders?
- A: Set-up charges are waived when you reorder the exact same item with the exact same imprint on that item within a year of your previous purchase.