Do you always find yourself at a loss on what to do when organizing marketing campaigns or events? Do you struggle to think about the most effective technique to use when it comes to choosing which promotional products to buy? There are lots of different promotional products sold nowadays and it can be really confusing to determine which of them would be most effective for the upcoming marketing event you’re planning. If only all these promotional items would create the same advertising effects, then it won’t be so hard to select the ones to use for each promotion you’re having.
What exactly are the factors that should affect an advertiser’s choice of personalized products? The current season or weather is one of the factors that should be considered. It plays a big role in deciding whether a promotional item is ideal to buy or not. Season and weather are interrelated and refers to that time of the year influenced by environment changes, ecology, and other factors. If you take them to account, the task of choosing promotional items would be a piece of cake.
In organizing marketing events or conceptualizing advertising messages, you need to take note of one very important thing: buyers’ or consumers’ perception. You need to make sure that your buyers or consumers will have the right perception about your business just by seeing or using the promotional products you give them, which are usually in the form of giveaways. Here are some of the factors that can influence a person’s perception of the message advertised by a certain promotional item:
1. Distractions – The world is full of a myriad of message sources that it can be really tough to compete with all the promotions, advertisements, and discourses that you see everyday. All advertisers must take note that distractions are present everywhere and take on many different forms. You need to eliminate them in order to make sure that your message will clearly come across your target audience.
2. Consistency – Advertising messages must be consistent in order for the target audience to remember them well. Consistency means communicating a unified or single thought so that people will get to perceive the right idea with regard to the message you want to confer.
3. Appeal – Promotional items really need to be appealing. Let’s admit it, nobody would pay any attention to a promotional product that is not eye-catchy, right? They would get easily attracted to things that are of great interest, and would more likely invest time in them.
How Season and Weather Fit In This
Now that you know about perception and how it greatly affects the way potential consumers relate to promotional products, it’s time to lay down some tips in choosing a seasonal and timely promotional item that can give the right kind of perception to the target audience:
1. Identify possible forms of distractions and deal with it – Let’s say you want to organize a trade show during the summer season. What are the possible distractions that can prevent your target audience from responding correctly to your promotional items’ messages? Extreme heat may be a distraction. Therefore, you can opt to give away some customized fans or imprinted water bottles that contain refreshing beverages to address this potential distraction source.
2. Devise a scheme in imprinting promotional messages – You need to conceptualize a scheme that will allow you to have consistency in imprinting your promotional messages. For example, you can try using or following a format that will make the promotional messages easily noticeable to target audiences. Apply that scheme each time you use this particular product or any other items that are related to it.
3. Hunt for “in style” products – The various seasons of the year have differences that consequently affect people’s taste in food, clothes, and overall lifestyle. With that said, you need to find out the trendy products which people favor during a particular season. Don’t use products that are meant for summer during wintertime, nor items fit for the autumn season during the spring days. A promotional product will be truly appealing if it is in the seasonal loop too!
In conclusion, you can say that the season of the year has a lot to do with the way you choose promotional items. Take note of these tips and you’ll eventually master the art of selecting the ideal marketing tools. In no time, you’ll be known as the organization that produces timely and “up-to-the-minute” advertising products.
Check out these recommended promotional products for your business!